Monday, January 3, 2011

Say What!



Say What!


Could someone please tell me when this year came to pass, it seemed to go way to fast for me, as if to reiterate my surprise my posting is belated. I know some people are just rising as if from a stupor. It's been years since I've fallen into this category.


While others counted down the minutes with anticipation and goals in hand. While most seem to say "Oh well...", this year I fell in this group. Which once again explains my belated New Years posting.

Once again we've embarked on another year! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an even better one to come. New years resolutions begin and some old ones are resumed, since for most people, there are resolutions left over from years past. The thing to keep in mind is to never give up, nothing ventured,nothing gained, not to mention pain .

One of the things that New Years bring is reflection.


For me there is much appreciation. Despite all my difficulties I have been blessed to rekindle my creative spirit, and share it with all of you.


This year, I plan on expanding my horizons beyond Halloween much more and offering many new characters for different Holidays. You'll see some themes that seem to be favorites from years past as well as new and exciting ones. Of course this means getting down to some serious work and maintaining somewhat of a schedule. That includes blogging more often. All this, while trying to work within my physical limitations. With a little planning, some timed rest periods and the help of modern medicine I should be OK.


First up on the agenda is catching up on commissions, so for those of you patiently waiting for your creations, it won't be long before they'll be in your hands. Halloween items will be offered year round of course, but the first new venture will be Easter. Bunnies, hip-hopping and chicks a' clucking in festive vintage style fashions. Stay tuned for sketches and WIPS.

There will be the usual yearly Shows to attend, and the exploration of new venues near and far. I hope this year will be as much fun for my cherished collectors as last year was for me. I hope to meet even more of you, rekindle old acquaintances , and start some wonderful new ones. Happy Belated New Year!

New Year’s babies from the illustrator J.C. Leyendecker; and some of his numerous Saturday Evening Post covers which captured the essence of the year into the theme surrounding the baby.

8 comments:

William Bezek said...

I always love it when you lay about your bedroom in your teddy and play those old 45's whilst drinking Johnny Walker and planning your evil deeds for the coming year.

Jorge de Rojas said...

LOL!

Michele Lynch Art said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what you create in 2011! Michele

Chicken Lips said...

Jorge - Wishing you much joy and creativity in 2011! I've no doubt that whatever you've got planned to create this year will be stellar!!!

Len said...

Happy New Year, Jorge! You will have a wonderful year ahead. All the best.

Tristan Robin said...

I had no idea you were a Johnny Walker drinker!

This post was such fun. Love the pics and accompanying text LOL

http://tristanrobinblakeman.com/NakedNewYear.png

Tristan Robin said...

hahahahaha

just read your post - you got them all right!

I'm
not surprised, since you know when Liza wore her childhood gowns LOL LOL

Anonymous said...

I love this blog post Jorge....

Where did this year go???? I think I feel like the woman laying on the couch with the 45's and some bottle of liquor .... saying "2010??? Did I miss it?"

Hope to see you in this new year!
love ~ Pattee