Some of you might remember me mentioning dabbling with doll making on my last post. I showed my first attempt with the devil doll. Well, while working on my teapots and luminarias
I needed a little change of pace so I started a new doll. A skeleton doll I thought, simple enough.
Then I started playing with clothes patterns and settled on a Gothic 1890's clothing that I could have some fun with. Of course that meant a bustle so I tackled that feat with some minot adjustments.
On I went with the jacket, that's were the trouble started. I knew I was in trouble when I started dreaming about simplifying the pleating, seams, ruffles etc.
I worked out most of the kinks but still along way to goes! I was planning on starting the skirt and said, " wait a minute I gotta get back to my painting. It's been a two day detour!"
So back to the brush for awhile and the skirt goes on the back burner for now, but keep a look out she may return at any moment.